Subject: Pools...
From: Scott Burton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 15:09:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> In my newest tutorial for LightSpeed, I show how to do pools of water 
> with LightWave and one of the examples uses a displacement mapped, 
> heavily subdivided plane....I had render errors popping up when I used 
> only 8,192 polygons (Subdivide X 6) but when I subdivived the plane one 
> more time, for a grand total of 32,768 polygons, it worked very nicely.

About a year ago, I tried the same thing (pool with displacment) and 
never got a satesfactory result.  My pools surface always seemed to break 
up.  I sure I had at least that many polygons...I may just have to go 
back and retry that scene.  What kind of values are you using for the 
ripples in your displacement map?

Scott Burton - Lightwave Moderator - Command Line BBS
[email-masked]          (416) 533-8321

--
Scott Burton <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]